comanage-users - [comanage-users] Ldap provis with ldapPublicKey object class enabled, and additional object class

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] Ldap provis with ldapPublicKey object class enabled, and additional object class

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [comanage-users] Ldap provis with ldapPublicKey object class enabled, and additional object class

Couple questions on ldap provisioner (we are currently using version 3.2.2).
One deals with the ldapPublicKey object class. On the ldap provisioner
configuration page, if you have that object class enabled the sshPublicKey
attribute is required. That alone is odd in that the schema shows sshPublicKey
as a MAY attribute. Not really a problem though. What is an issue is that if
the object class is enabled, if a Co Person does not have an ssh key, the
provisioning fails. When I add an ssh key to the person, it works. We want our
users to be able to add ssh keys or not depending on their needs. Am I missing
something or is this a defect?

Question two deals with the posixGroup object class, which is not supported,
but could it be added via a plugin and have it write to either a new base DN
or the groups base DN? What this would essentially do is create a new entry
for each person with a cn of first.last and a gidNumber we would populate from
an identifier assignment.

Any suggestions are most welcome.