comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] How to collect eppn with self-signup?

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] How to collect eppn with self-signup?

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] How to collect eppn with self-signup?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 05:55:32 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

To kick this old thread, v3.1.0 (released yesterday) should help with
the situation.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/mA39Bg
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Env+Source

There are still some rough edges we need to smooth out for v3.2.0, but
you might want to at least try it out on your dev tiers.

Thanks,

-Benn-

On 6/20/17 10:32 AM, Mike Manske wrote:
> We use self-signup, and require login so we can capture the eppn. We
> direct a user to a landing page with instructions that requires login.
> That page directs them, via link, to the self-signup enrolment form.
>
> MikeM
>

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Benn Oshrin
> <>
> wrote:
>> Right, IIRC there's no way to mark an identifier pulled from $ENV as a
>> login identifier atm. That code is scheduled to be refactored in the not
>> too distant future...
>>
>> On 6/20/17 9:49 AM, Mihály Héder wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> ah, no. I assume that the email-by-invite enrollment method is also an
>>> implicit email verification and that is why it works there and not my
>>> self-signup flow?
>>> I will enable the email verification then. Although in most of the cases
>>> I have a pretty solid, idp-asserted email address from the federated
>>> authentication in the apache environment, so it is a bit unfortunate
>>> that the collection of the eppn is tied to email verification.
>>>
>>> Mihály
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Benn Oshrin
>>> <
>>> <mailto:>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mihály,
>>>
>>> Are you using email confirmation with self signup?
>>>

>>> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Registry+Enrollment+Flow+Configuration#RegistryEnrollmentFlowConfiguration-EmailVerification(Confirmation)andAuthentication
>>>
>>> <https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Registry+Enrollment+Flow+Configuration#RegistryEnrollmentFlowConfiguration-EmailVerification(Confirmation)andAuthentication>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -Benn-

>>> of
>>> require
>>> session..

>>> etc)
>>> into if
>>> eppn

>>> --
>>> Mihály Héder, PhD
>>> Research Fellow
>>> Institute for Computer Science and Control
>>> Hungarian Academy of Sciences

  • Re: [comanage-users] How to collect eppn with self-signup?, Benn Oshrin, 02/15/2018