comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] writing my first comanage plugin

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] writing my first comanage plugin

  • From: Dave Dykstra <>
  • To: Benn Oshrin <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] writing my first comanage plugin
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 10:46:20 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:qQivPhQuYdRlnGz75uKKSusPOdpsv+yvbD5Q0YIujvd0So/mwa6zYBGN2/xhgRfzUJnB7Loc0qyN4v+mAzNLsMrJmUtBWaQEbwUCh8QSkl5oK+++Imq/EsTXaTcnFt9JTl5v8iLzG0FUHMHjew+a+SXqvnYdFRrlKAV6OPn+FJLMgMSrzeCy/IDYbxlViDanb75/KBe7oR/PusQUjodvLqk8wQbVr3VVfOhb2XlmLk+JkRbm4cew8p9j8yBOtP8k6sVNT6b0cbkmQLJBFDgpPHw768PttRnYUAuA/WAcXXkMkhpJGAfK8hf3VYrsvyTgt+p93C6aPdDqTb0xRD+v4btnRAPuhSwaLDMy7n3ZhdJsg6JauBKhpgJww4jIYIGOKfFyerrRcc4GSWZdW8pcUSJOApm4b4ASEeQPO+hWpJT5q1cXsxeyGQygCeXywTFKm3D2x7U33eohHw/YwQIuHNwOv3vIo9roNqgdX+G1wbLUzTnfdf5axSvx5ZLWfh0nvPqCXahwcc3UyUQ3GQ3KlEuQppL4ND2b1uUNsHOb7/Z6Ve21lmUqrBx+ozayyco3hInJgJgaylTe+SV2x4Y1O8S1RUhmatCnCJtdrz+WOJFqTs8/RmxkpTs2xqADtJ61cyUG1IgryhvRa/Oab4SE/hfuWeOTLDp2mX5pYK+zihiv/US61OHwSMm53ExXoidHnNTArH8A2hzV58OaUPVy5F2h1iyK1w3L6uFLP0Q0la3DJp4u3rE/ioYfvVnaEiLomkr6kbaadkI/9ee28ejnZajmpoOHOI9zlwH+NLkhltanAeQiNQgOQ3aU9vig1L3i+k35Rq9GjvorkqnFtJDaIsMbpq2jDwBJ1YYj7g6zDzag0NsGgXkKNExJdwibg4T0PlzCPe30Aeq6jlSinzpn2+zKM7jvAprQMnTPjLLscLN/5kNS1QY/1dVf6IhVCrEFLvLzQEjxtNnAAxAkPQ273v3qCNt71owEXWKDGKCZMKTMsVOQ/OIgP/GMZJMJuDb6M/Uq/ODhjXk/mV8aZqSp3J0XaGymEfR8JUWWf2bsjskbHWgUowU+UfTgiEeeXj5Le3ayQ6U86yknB4KhCIfMXIatj6aO3CilB5FWe3tGBU6WEXfzbIiEX/YMaDmOIs96jDAIT7mhS4k91R6wrg/6zaRoLvbK9iECq53sycV1tKXvkkQY+DpyR+OG03uMSSkglG4OQTge3aZjrFZ7x0vZl6V0nqoLO8ZU4qZlWxk3fbLNzPdmEdm6Dg7ecv+HTl+iBNqhH2diHZoK39YSbhMlSJ2ZhRfZ0n/vWuVNmg==
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 06:57:23PM -0400, Benn Oshrin wrote:
> On 5/19/17 10:23 AM, Dave Dykstra wrote:
>
> > Ok, good to know. So I am seeing no extra entry there. I enabled
> > debugging the way Scott showed me (with "Configure::write('debug', 2)
> > in app/Config/core.php) and it says
> > Notice (8): Undefined index: pl.dirviewer.viewmenu [APP/Lib/lang.php,
> > line 1797]
> >
> > That at least tells me that the plugin is doing something, which is all
> > I really wanted to know.
>
> This simply means that the function for rendering localized text was
> passed a key that is not defined anywhere. Without the text string, the
> menu item can't render.

It would be nice if the example in the documentation did something that
was easily recognizable.

> > Can you give me any pointers about specifically writing a plugin to add
> > custom data items to the CO person page? It looks like I need to
> > somehow add to the CoPeople view.
>
> At the moment, there are no mechanisms for plugins to insert content
> into existing page views.

That's disappointing. I was led to believe that would be fairly
straigntforward.

#1 makes a lot more sense, doesn't it, even though the user interface
might be less friendly. I suppose we would need to add a new item under
the "People" menu that would list all the people and point to their
organizational identies and their CO person page in addition to a page with
all the extra items we need. We'd rather add the extra items through
the user interface of course, but the current Extended Attributes and
Extended Types mechanisms aren't flexible enough.

> I think we'd be interested in exploring the possibilities for plugin
> extension points within the existing page views. Feel free to file an
> enhancement request in JIRA, and if it turns out to be a small enough
> change we might be able to sneak it into the roadmap for an upcoming
> release.

Ok, I'll try it.

Dave