comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] login IDs

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] login IDs

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Paul Caskey <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] login IDs
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:34:09 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi,

I spoke with Paul directly about this, but for the benefit of the
email archive...

My recommendation when putting COmanage and other SPs behind an IdP/SP
proxy is that the proxy NOT filter the attributes from the eduGAIN IdPs
sent to COmanage, but instead just pass them through.

For the other SPs you usually want the proxy to take the attributes
from an eduGAIN IdP, use ePPN or ePUID or whatever as an index to
look up the user in an attribute store (usually populated by COmanage),
and find the VO attributes to send to the SP.

But for COmanage you usually want to not do that and just have the proxy
pass through the attributes from the eduGAIN IdP so that COmanage
can consume them directly.

Thanks,

Scott K