comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] login IDs

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] login IDs

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Paul Caskey <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] login IDs
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 15:18:47 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

I think what you're implicitly asking for is the ability to "copy back"
an identifier from a CO Person record to an Org Identity record. This
gets a bit tricky because it's not obvious which Org Identity to copy
the identifier back to.

It might be easier just to let COmanage look at CO Person identifiers
for login purposes... I think we didn't just do that in the first place
for philosophical reasons ("COmanage is just consuming external
identities") rather than anything technical.

A third option would be to consider the proxy identity to be "external"
and have an Org Identity to represent it, but that might be more
complicated than it's worth.

I'll have a better answer for you on Monday...