cloudinfrasarch - [cloudinfrasarch] You're the boss of me

Subject: NET+ Areas of Interest

[cloudinfrasarch] You're the boss of me

  • From: Bob Flynn <>
  • Subject: [cloudinfrasarch] You're the boss of me
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 17:15:43 +0000

Colleagues,

For those of you who don’t know me, I have been a member of the higher ed cloud community for many years, most of them managing cloud at Indiana University. Earlier this year I left IU and took up a position at Internet2 to manage the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services portfolio. Sounds impressive, right? I know! Well, that portfolio contains NET+ AWS, NET+ GCP and, until now, nothing else. Not much of a portfolio, more like a locket with photos of my two besties.

Everyone managing or working with public cloud at their institutions knows that you don’t just use the provider and their native tools. There are orchestration tools, monitoring tools, development tools, cost management tools. Success requires cloud training, engagement frameworks, and much more. While not everyone one of our schools need all of these, everyone needs some of them. The job of the NET+ program is to listen to you to find out what is needed and then to work to see if we can build enough interest in working together to fill that need. I need you to tell me what to do.

I’m preparing to start a short series of blog posts to try to spark some conversation about what services we should be pursuing in this space. Please start thinking about where your needs could be helped by contracts, programs, agreements, collective action. We’ll explore all kinds of things. I’ll kick this off in a week or so.

In the meantime, last week we launched four new NET+ programs. At least two of them fall roughly into this space and, as luck would have it, there are some deep dives coming up. I’d like to encourage you all to come check them out, particularly next week’s ClloudCheckr webinar. You’ll see a little demo. You’ll hear from each of the schools that participated in the service evaluation. Most importantly, you’ll see how we can work together to make these services easier for you to evaluate and use. So set aside an hour (or two), see what this particular service can do for you (if anything) and use it to spark a discussion on what efforts I can marshal for you, the boss, going forward.

Introducing NET+ CloudCheckr

  • Demo, service evaluation participants favorite features, contract details and onboarding information
  • Thursday, June 10 at 12pm PT/3pm ET
  • Details and Registration

NET+ Palo Alto Networks Community Call

Have a great weekend!

Bob Flynn

Program Manager

Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services

Internet2 NET+ Services

 || 812.558.0323

PNG image

  • [cloudinfrasarch] You're the boss of me, Bob Flynn, 06/04/2021