chicago2016rsvp - RE: Internet2 20th Anniversary Celebration - May 2016 - Chicago, IL

Subject: 20th Anniversary RSVP

RE: Internet2 20th Anniversary Celebration - May 2016 - Chicago, IL

  • From: "Alex Hills" <>
  • To: "'David Lambert'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: Internet2 20th Anniversary Celebration - May 2016 - Chicago, IL
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:39:15 -0900

Hello Dave,

Thank you!

Yes, I'd like to attend, and I've put it on my calendar.

I'm not sure if you know about my book "Wi-Fi and the Bad Boys of Radio."  It tells a story that is somewhat related to the creation of Intenet2.  At least it was an advance that happened in the same era.  It's the story of building the first Wi-Fi network (of more than just a very few nodes) at Carnegie Mellon.  It may be of interest to some.  This link is:

http://www.amazon.com/Wi-Fi-Bad-Boys-Radio-Technology/dp/1457505606

I'm really looking forward to seeing you, Doug and many others.

Best,

Alex

Dr. Alex Hills

Distinguished Service Professor

Carnegie Mellon University

(907) 232-6088

The book "Wi-Fi and the Bad Boys of Radio" is still available.  You can read about it at:

http://www.amazon.com/Wi-Fi-Bad-Boys-Radio-Technology/dp/1457505606