campweek-committee-2024 - [campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week Committee: Updates on Proposals & SSO

Subject: campweek-committee-2024

[campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week Committee: Updates on Proposals & SSO

  • From: Jean Chorazyczewski <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Clara Broomfield <>, Glenn Lipscomb <>, Ann West <>
  • Subject: [campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week Committee: Updates on Proposals & SSO
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 13:27:07 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=tnjWzfV0irk1wNLCQmsIr/KaBt3F6/yruhXs4DWio40=; b=OLyfZdhm7K090XqGhA0wjnKtWJlPE3XrmK+ON/BVySPyZdFlTY29kRH69psvjNPO+Ec3N40c8HaNQQcjXGhxpv5hlZDKRwIyxarq94fJ8qZa4Zax4Gy3TD4m1Vp0cWE+yaE04C5X3MLG++VMH386OrCQl1jDZe8MDNNcSJL3EfGK0XNUhGKbhANlNtpO9HlIo3AYUw9OAjs0amYhKvCD4GB0gCyVgGNMqsN/a6/UqI8SOAgECCPt90P33cR5ZFo+l2uBSeqM3h0ShUV3dK/d+fLcEcSel6ov9M6nY/rsi1VO+D/NRSv7c078We6hncjPLyOSQqxKVKvwyvJmpR062g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=m5j30voIhZRjYqzss0Hmud0O4fbPoFmEFfEhXRgyJi+lCldnCo9MpvZTz7KlkO0r+ra+dh75zMuHNngDvcZ2cTnGtrB4M/xn+8aE35TswRMjth2+kGSH398t4MG1nIhO9Az0ShmCgYpAB97uvdghc/IJ7bosLHmY788M4dlRNTQlDhJggL3rCm9olejpQ0+qsAxwHWD3emwnBlt/2MguXCGE/MlLgJ9SrWxncbh9g/QifPpC9KiJ45Vft52BOg2Oqh7lILCckeV5QGeV8GiHSCof4uFCsdpscZOx7G9/0t1oA/0bKx21/e/HHDazuuwYhLik9+wI7XBLgXuvBYWF2A==

Hello everyone,

Just a quick mid-week update on a few things:

Proposal Submissions – As of yesterday our IAM Track has received 14 proposals. More may be in the hopper. Our event team will provide us with daily updates. We’ll keep you apprised of our progress. But – in the meantime, please DO encourage your colleagues to submit. See the sample email you can tailor and forward on below.

Event Platform/SSO - Regarding our new event platform, SSO integration, and concerns raised: As we noted last week, Internet2 has onboarded a new event registration and abstract submission platform called Stova. This platform offers many, many improvements over our previous home-grown legacy system and is designed to better serve our event needs. During the development and integration process, our team discovered that while SSO could be enabled for the registration process, it could not be immediately enabled for abstract submissions. Those of us who have spent any time integrating commercial software solutions might appreciate the challenge of discovering shortcomings of a solution that were not apparent early on in the process. The team made the decision to prioritize SSO integration for the registration process first.

Adding SSO support for the abstract submission portion of the platform is on the roadmap, but it will not be available this week when session proposals are due. We appreciate your understanding and support as we continue to improve our event processes.

If you’d like more details on the reasons Internet2 changed platforms, and the history of the discovery and integration process, and the path forward, Glenn Lipscomb, the AVP of Marketing and Events at Internet2, has prepared a short FAQ here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hvidnBRm6pJukOh6qdkNH_Q1OEHl8pcNHfb0IdIkHPQ/edit?usp=sharing

We’re happy to address any additional questions or concerns – just let us know.

= = =

Spread the Word

Use the following to forward on to your colleagues who might want to submit!

= = =

Subject Line: TechEX 2024: Call for Proposals – Submit by May 10

Hello colleagues,

If you’re eager to tell your story about your lessons learned or solutions you have going on at your organization – be sure to submit your proposal by THIS FRIDAY, May 10 at 11:00pm ET for Technology Exchange, which takes place this year in Boston from Dec 9-13, 2024.

As a member of the CAMP Week Planning Committee, we’re counting on your input! Proposal submissions for talks, tutorials, and workshops are being solicited.

Join in the diverse community of technical leaders who are fostering crucial discussions and shaping the future of R&E.

SUBMIT A PROPOSAL HERE
https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2024-04-02/n3ntfq

Note:  Internet2 has transitioned to using a new event management platform for proposal submissions. If you have questions or need additional support, please contact

Hear From Our Past TechEX Attendees
https://youtu.be/3uUEUzmVDMA?si=WUaYJ2y7u5txE9He

Hear from our Committee Chairs

https://internet2.edu/submit-iam-session-proposals-for-techex24/

= = =

Thanks all!

_______

Jean Chorazyczewski | Director, InCommon Academy

Internet2

Email:

Mobile: +1-734-223-2847

  • [campweek-committee-2024] CAMP Week Committee: Updates on Proposals & SSO, Jean Chorazyczewski, 05/08/2024