camp-acamp2020-11 - [camp-acamp2020-11] Here we go! CAMP opens Monday, Nov 16

Subject: TechEXtra: InCommon CAMP & ACAMP

[camp-acamp2020-11] Here we go! CAMP opens Monday, Nov 16

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [camp-acamp2020-11] Here we go! CAMP opens Monday, Nov 16
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 20:28:02 +0000

Hello CAMPers:

The InCommon and GÉANT CAMP and Advance CAMP is set to go Monday at 9:30 am ET (15:30 CET). Please be sure to log into the course in Canvas and arrive a few  minutes early, because we will start right on time. If you have any issues getting into the course, please email or post in the #2020-camp-attendees slack channel if you have access to that.

*****

READ ALL ABOUT IT

You can get in the right frame of mind for Monday’s opening session – what it means to be part of the identity and access management community - by reading this blog post by Kevin Morooney. Making the most of your time in CAMP and ACAMP is perhaps even more important, and certainly more challenging, than when the event is live and in-person.

*****

MONDAY HIGHLIGHTS

The opening session features a discussion about how the international trust and identity community can move forward in the wake of the pandemic, and hear the “origin stories” of some community members.

We’ll follow that up with a panel session featuring identity management team members from the National Institutes of Health, discussing how you can make your organization more collaboration-ready when it comes to working with the NIH. Opposite that session is a look at the trajectory of eduroam, an increasingly popular service in the wake of the pandemic.

A 55-minute break follows, unless you’d like to join one of the two BoFs (Birds of a Feather), which brings together those interested in a specific topic.

The rest of the day features three tracks - you can see all of the details in Canvas (learning.internet2.edu).

*****

REMO

TechEx veterans know that the large hotel ballroom space used for meals is pretty much always occupied; it is an excellent place for impromptu conversations. The Remo tool provides an online adaptation of that experience. You can grab a table and invite others. You’ll find the link on the meeting landing page in Canvas.

*****

SLACK

You should have access to the 2020-camp-attendees Slack channel. That’s a place where you can ask questions or contact other attendees.

*****

ROSTER

From the CAMP/ACAMP course landing page, you’ll see a menu item in the upper left labelled “People.” Click on that to see who else is attending this week’s event.

*****

QUESTIONS?

Email

*****

Thank you for attending! On with the show!

----

Dean Woodbeck

Director of Community Awareness

Internet2 Trust and Identity

  • [camp-acamp2020-11] Here we go! CAMP opens Monday, Nov 16, Dean Woodbeck, 11/15/2020