camp-acamp2020-11 - [camp-acamp2020-11] Information you need about CAMP and ACAMP - Nov 16-20

Subject: TechEXtra: InCommon CAMP & ACAMP

[camp-acamp2020-11] Information you need about CAMP and ACAMP - Nov 16-20

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [camp-acamp2020-11] Information you need about CAMP and ACAMP - Nov 16-20
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:40:25 +0000

The InCommon and GÉANT CAMP and Advance CAMP are almost upon us! Thank you for registering. This email is to help you make your plans for the week of November 16-20.

*****

CAMP/ACAMP SCHEDULE

CAMP - Monday and Tuesday, November 16-17 - CAMP opens at 9:30 am ET / 15:30 CET and ends at 2:30 pm ET / 21:30 CET each day. The first day includes an opening plenary and both days include three tracks of presentations, panel discussions, best practices, and other identity and access management information.

Advance CAMP - Wednesday - Friday, November 18-20

  • Weds., November 18 - 9:30 am - 2:10 pm ET / 15:30 - 20:10 CET
  • Thurs., November 19 - 9:30 am - 1:50 pm ET / 15:30 - 19:50 CET
  • Fri., November 20 - 9:30 am - 1:00 pm ET / 15:30 - 19:00 CET

ACAMP is the annual unconference where the community gathers to identify and work on long-range and global challenges. Make sure to read this brief overview about participating in ACAMP, including how to propose (and lead) a session. (Note - you need to register for Canvas access to see this article.)

We have scheduled ample break times so that you can concentrate on the sessions and still have time to stretch and move around prior to the next session. We also thank attendees in the western time zones in the U.S. Scheduling was tricky, given the need to accommodate multiple time zones in the U.S. and abroad.

*****

CANVAS ACCESS AND INFORMATION

Canvas (learning.internet2.edu) serves as the home for CAMP and ACAMP. Canvas is now available for you to see the schedule and review the various resources and features. We encourage you to log in early this week to ensure you have access. Here is the process:

  1. Visit Canvas at https://learning.internet2.edu
  2. If you are presented with a single sign-on page, choose your institution in the dropdown. If your institution is not listed, choose Google Gateway. Login and create your account.
  3. Check your email and click the link to verify your account.
  4. Visit https://learning.internet2.edu once again to register your account in Canvas.
  5. You should have access to the CAMP/ACAMP course within an hour (usually sooner)
  6. We also have a Slack channel for CAMP attendees and all registrants have been added.

If you have any trouble with Slack or Canvas, please email Jessica Fink ().

*****

ZOOM ROOMS

We’ll use Zoom for all CAMP and ACAMP sessions. CAMP sessions will all be recorded; ACAMP sessions will not.

When you join a Zoom room, your microphone will be muted, but you have the option to unmute when you have a question or comment. You will also be able to pose questions and comments via Zoom’s chat function.

*****

REMO VIRTUAL SPACE

We also invite you to look at REMO, the virtual conference space that you can use for informal small-group conversations (scroll down the CAMP/ACAMP Canvas page and you’ll see a link to REMO).

Thank you, again, for registering for CAMP and ACAMP. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Dean Woodbeck () or Jessica Fink ().

-Dean and Jessica

----

Dean Woodbeck

Director of Community Awareness

Internet2 Trust and Identity

  • [camp-acamp2020-11] Information you need about CAMP and ACAMP - Nov 16-20, Dean Woodbeck, 11/10/2020