bcamp2020-07 - [bcamp2020-07] BaseCAMP Update - Almost There!

Subject: 2020 BaseCAMP

[bcamp2020-07] BaseCAMP Update - Almost There!

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [bcamp2020-07] BaseCAMP Update - Almost There!
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 14:44:28 +0000

Hello BaseCAMPers:

Just a reminder that BaseCAMP starts Monday, July 20, at high noon ET. You’ve all received a link to follow for accessing Canvas. If you haven’t yet done so, please use that link now. You may need to go through a registration process and we’d like to prevent any last-minute access issues.

In Canvas, you will see a link for each day on the BaseCAMP course home page. These lead to the daily schedule, where you will find links to the appropriate Zoom room (Zoom is integrated with Canvas). Note that we’ve scheduled plenty of breaks throughout the day to give you time to stretch and get ready for the next session.

BaseCAMP Survival Guide

Within the BaseCAMP course in Canvas, we have a link to a survival guide to help you find your way around. It includes a high-level overview of some common concepts, terms, and acronyms you may come across. Within Canvas, you will need to link your Google account to access, but if you don’t have a Google account or don’t want to link it, you can access it directly here:  BaseCAMP Survival Guide.

What are CAMP Fires?

Each day will end with CAMP Fires, small groups where you can ask any questions, connect with other CAMPers, or just sit by the CAMP Fire and unwind from a long day of sessions. We will have CAMP counselors in each CAMP Fire to help with the discussion if desired, but the content of these sessions are set by what you need.

On the first day of BaseCAMP, we’ll randomly assign people to a CAMP Fire. On the next three days, we will have a process for you to propose topics for that day’s CAMP Fire, as well as a process for signing up for the CAMP Fire of your choice.

How to Access Canvas

BaseCAMP takes place completely within Canvas. You may need to go through a registration process before you can gain access, so please don’t wait until the last minute. Here are the details:

The link to Canvas: https://www.incommon.org/basecamp.

To Login:

  1. Select your Organization, or select Google if your organization is not part of InCommon.
  2. Login with your organizational credentials.

If you have not signed up for our collaboration platform before, you will need to:

  1. Complete the process that starts with step #1 above (you can see screen shots of the process flow for using a Google account here).
  2. Click the link in the email (the result of the sign-up process), then accept your invitation
  3. Registration is complete
  4. Return to https://www.incommon.org/basecamp

Need help?

  1. If you cannot get into Canvas at all, email and someone will get back to you quickly. Please include BaseCAMP in the subject line.
  2. If you are in Canvas and have issues with logistics or accessing any content within Canvas, please use the Chat link and a CAMP Counselor will respond there.
  3. If you are in a BaseCAMP Zoom room, please feel free to ask questions related to that session within the Zoom chat.

Session Recordings

All sessions will be recorded and available in Canvas within two weeks after BaseCAMP ends.

Thank You!

Thank you for registering for BaseCAMP! We look forward to a productive week.

----

Dean Woodbeck

Director of Community Awareness

Internet2 Trust and Identity

  • [bcamp2020-07] BaseCAMP Update - Almost There!, Dean Woodbeck, 07/19/2020