basecamp2022-06 - [basecamp2022-06] Recapping Day 2 and Previewing Day 3. It's Gonna be a Big One.

Subject: 2022 InCommon BaseCAMP- June 6 – 10

[basecamp2022-06] Recapping Day 2 and Previewing Day 3. It's Gonna be a Big One.

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [basecamp2022-06] Recapping Day 2 and Previewing Day 3. It's Gonna be a Big One.
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 01:35:17 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=wNXGYpCW7Tj9Pc0Iq95+iZ5hM0vsuj5imJwLjYKng7w=; b=GFO6KTK52SVSnkXzFl74KK3ib0SULmt9chzcXwrIc+xTr9oD7X3Pvb/Inww/ZYOWc+VNQqGOrjgYKmAvSI5tJtVj9QukAIR2peIBeAy3rgzEtJXMtmhRvDv8Iwn8Xq8kfNYnQsFzz1NPB1Qlz6c/EmsvADkIOTtsaIwsYFbL46a6tjpDIpreFzDZmEhEraeYNpnJ8YZjpbJXOxziqf6i9YFWKDqA2ctiPBWFtNyk10eNOG49kVcYCQ60C/Ok2PFWs5Kw2OfejVrYIil2BxMW9kLf5zBZ8edmjToVXsEuG4Lfhs4krzlAsaApY0VD2jEOIHt5JqIS3F3Rszhm1s/v5A==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=QCjuwfJsk8NG0ZPxqAqOoMm/N9dWTLg/LsOsk75tUSCdliff7B6OqdglsmfX7JOQmBLk49pPKr0qp8d7Ou/fagBJBWsSF3o+xsILVCIpnb1napjgZJhBCAcRLL9hs9iNWYxsEZY6YDv4K1lsjEm8CBuytMMxHe9MzdhyO5hdyTpJd3yZSCWFUnDfFqoRVRQnY/K3hqqDI959JwZc53+opmyKZUKkdyafU0HQED7pFAGn4XMSLku2VqKopchdatrC9RcpvkawyVTTl5R4gsWvkgvGWoVLQ+PCjJDjomTWDsMRj8SKPGcX5NxtgZOfGb/zZUlDzbpts6Lr7ywQpKKswg==

Greetings BaseCAMPers!

We are almost halfway through BaseCAMP. Can you believe it? Tuesday was full of insightful tidbits and engaging presentations around DevOps, the InCommon Trusted Access Platform, examples of IAM infrastructure from amazing participants in our community, and a dive into Identity Registry solutions. We are gearing up for Day 3 and can’t wait to have you join us tomorrow.

Canvas:

Canvas is truly your best friend at this conference. Resources, event schedules, and more can be found in Canvas. You’ll find all of the recordings and slide decks there later, too.

Social Hours:

As a reminder, we will open up our CAMP Fire pits tomorrow morning at 11:00 am ET. This is a completely optional networking session. Bring your coffee or tea and say hello before we dive into the day’s program! More social time will also be available in the afternoon from 4:30 - 6:00 pm ET, just after our CAMP Fire sessions.

Scavenger Hunt:

Eastern Washington University swooped today’s scavenger hunt! Congratulations to Scott Green and James Littleton. We’ll be back at it tomorrow - join us in Slack tomorrow morning again at 11:30 am ET for your next list of camping essentials to search for. The first person to post a selfie in Slack with their 5 findings will win!

Wednesday's Activities:

Beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET (11 am CT | 10 am MT | 9 am PT), Wednesday is all about letting you choose your own adventure! After opening remarks and a lightning talk on a (very cool) service called eduroam, you’ll be able to join 101 or 201 sessions under the following topics:

  1. Provisioning
  2. Authentication
  3. Access and Grouping

Having trouble deciding? No problem! Like yesterday, simply choose the session that best matches your current level of understanding/expertise, and you’ll have the opportunity to watch the recorded sessions for anything you missed at a later time. 101 sessions will provide the basics, while 201 sessions start to explore more advanced concepts.

As always, we want to hear from you and learn about your hopes and dreams for IAM. Participation is always encouraged, so feel free to post questions and comments in the Zoom chat. Slack is also a great way to connect with the community and get the most out of your time at BaseCAMP.

CAMP Fires:

We’ll be back around the CAMPFires tomorrow, but we’re going to spice things up. Instead of being assigned to a CAMP Fire, pick a fire pit of your choice. We’ll have discussions around the InCommon Certificate Service, eduroam, the InCommon Federation, and more! Look for the announcement in Slack for the topics and rooms. Have a suggestion for a topic? Please let me know!

First Aid:

If you get lost or need assistance, please post a message in the Slack channel and someone will reply ASAP.

Sponsors:

Today was brought to you by Cirrus Identity. If you didn’t get to meet Dedra or her team, feel free to connect on Slack!

Rest well this evening. We’ve got a big day for you tomorrow.

The BaseCAMP Team

Erin Murtha

Director, InCommon Academy

signature_2720588189