2020npapw - some thoughts to our meeting today

Subject: 2020 NPAPW

some thoughts to our meeting today

  • From: Renate Kreil <>
  • To: Ann Doyle <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: some thoughts to our meeting today
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 18:07:27 +0200

Dear All,

thanks for the inspiring meeting. Because Claudio mentioned the multi-site-performance between Yerevan and Venice (24th of September) at the EaPConference. Talking about organizing multi-site-performances - we plan one for 2020 between Yerevan, Vienna and Venice. A project about Komitas Vardapet. The idea came along at the last NPAPW in Prag, while discussing with the colleagues from Armenia. If we manage to finance it we will do it,  with multi-site-audiences in autumn 2020 for public audiences with entrance fees. Yerewan (approx. 400 - 500 people), Vienna (300 - 400), Venice (to be discussed). Please find attached the first final :)  concept. Perhaps it could be a point for the program. Claudio could already talk about the September experiences, and if the guys (sound engineers, system administrators from the mdw-University of Music and performing arts Vienna would join the NPAPW 2020 and the folks from Armenia we already would have some players, who could explain what happend and will happen and what challenges we face - for example, multi-site-stage design. I am already talking with some guys from the University of Fine arts (inspired by the guys from the art university of Zürich las NPAPW).

The concept is written to go in 1st contact with sponsors. This is always the hardest part of the fun... I should know at the end of October, if we have a chance to realize it. We already have contact with some opera singers in Vienna and different musicians, but the names are not in the concept now. The soon we have all the elements (final talks with UltraGrid etc.) together, it wil be published at our website: https://www.netart.cc

I as well will introduce you to the very theatre of Taiwan. For me mind-blowing young artists in the field of digital theatre. I will meet them coming week in the Netherlands, to talk about a co-operation in the field of performing arts over advanced networks for the planned project aaron´s law - and try to interest them for the NPAPW 2020. Please take a look: https://www.vmstudio.tw/vm-theatre-award

See you soon and have a lovely day.

Renate