wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Introducing Google Cloud Messaging XMPP Endpoint

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Introducing Google Cloud Messaging XMPP Endpoint

  • From: Jesse Thompson <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Tim Callahan <>, Simon Tennant <>
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Introducing Google Cloud Messaging XMPP Endpoint
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 18:13:00 -0500

Well, the glass-half-full perspective is that Google was sucking the oxygen out of open standards development. This might be a boon for things like Buddycloud.

Unfortunately, we're now in the position of potentially needing to maintain 3 enterprise IM services (Google, Microsoft, and local XMPP), so I doubt we'll get much motivation from management to pursue any additional chat-related initiatives.

Jesse