wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] PIC-WG Call for Thursday, January 19th, 2011, 4pm Eastern

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] PIC-WG Call for Thursday, January 19th, 2011, 4pm Eastern

  • From: Deke Kassabian <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] PIC-WG Call for Thursday, January 19th, 2011, 4pm Eastern
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:26:58 -0500

I hadn't heard of BuddyCloud, but a quick initial look has me inclined to agree, Mark. Tracking that activity might be interesting.

On 1/19/12 12:34 PM, Mark P. McCahill wrote:

On Jan 19, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Callahan, Tim wrote:

Please join us for our PIC conference call today.
We haven't met in a while, so let's catch up. What should we do for the
Spring Member Meeting?
-Tim

I can't make the call today, but I would suggest considering something around
the Open BuddyCloud initiative
- a federated Facebook-style social media tool built on top of XMPP. One of
BuddyCloud's interesting
ideas is to leverage the user's existing jabber/XMPP buddy lists.

At a minimum we should be tracking what the BuddyCloud guys are up to - I'm
going to look at setting up
an experimental BuddyCloud server shortly.

https://buddycloud.org/

--

Deke Kassabian, Senior Technology Director
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania