wg-pic - [wg-pic] Google Wave: it was fun while it lasted

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[wg-pic] Google Wave: it was fun while it lasted

  • From: Jorj Bauer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [wg-pic] Google Wave: it was fun while it lasted
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:58:51 -0400

For those that don't know, Google announced today that they're scaling back
on Wave:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/update-on-google-wave.html

This actually seems like a pretty smart move to me. Google hasn't been
driving home RFCs or other hard specs; they've been letting the community
(that they created) make insane changes behind the scenes and discuss with
each other. I think Google lost the battle early on, and they're now fessing
up.

We'll have to see how the community responds. And how much Google continues
to work on the protocol.

-- Jorj

  • [wg-pic] Google Wave: it was fun while it lasted, Jorj Bauer, 08/04/2010