wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] FYI: Hands-on: IM+ for iPhone's speech-to-text feature

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] FYI: Hands-on: IM+ for iPhone's speech-to-text feature

  • From: Deke Kassabian <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] FYI: Hands-on: IM+ for iPhone's speech-to-text feature
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:52:46 -0400

did you eventually find out more?

Jorj Bauer wrote:

On Sep 1, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Callahan, Tim wrote:

THIS line actually got my attention more than the speech-text feature:
Stay online in IM Push mode and save the battery life!
In this mode IM+ is not running, you remain online and continue receiving IMs as e-mails, so you can reply to them right away.
In our previous testing, we succeeded in getting mobile+Jabber+MUC working. However: "always on" presence --> radio (WiFI and/or Cell) in constant use--> quickly drained battery -->can't use mobile MUC, even though it works! I'm not sure how their push mode works with Jabber, but I hope to find out. It is still fairly expensive for a mobile app, but the above features could make it worth it.

Interesting. I can't recall - was this one that proxied credentials, or was it a full-fledged Jabber client? If it's the latter, it might be the first "real" iPhone Jabber client...

-- Jorj