wg-pic - PIC WG Call for Thursday February 5th, 4pm EST

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

PIC WG Call for Thursday February 5th, 4pm EST

  • From: "Callahan, Tim" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: PIC WG Call for Thursday February 5th, 4pm EST
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:26:48 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

All,

We will hold a (brief?) call today to follow up on last week’s items. (Elaine’s notes are copied below).

However, other “side discussions” may come up, as there have been a few items of interest this week:

-          Google Latitude:  We’ve discussed geo presence previously, is it finally available for everyone?

o   I’ve been looking forward to the day when someone gets geo-presence right – i.e., no cost; works on smartphones but not tied to a cellular provider, works in browser desktops, etc

o   How did Google do?  Pretty close - (uses GPS, Cellular, and hotspots)

o   http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html

o   http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10155946-94.html

-          Google Earth 5, now with more sand and water (Mars and Ocean) plus G.E. pro features now standard

-          I might have a spoiler for the project Peter mentioned earlier this week – we’ll “speak” of it this afternoon

Please note that we do not plan to meet next week, as we are now moving to a bi-weekly schedule.

-Tim

-----

Join the groupchat:

Starting Time: 4:00 PM US/Eastern

Occurs: Every Thursday

Duration: 1 hour maximum

To join the call, do one of the following:

  a. Dial 1-734-615-7474 or 1-866-411-0013

     and enter access code 0125986

  b. To have the system call you, click here:

     https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0125986