wg-pic - MInutes from 1/15

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

MInutes from 1/15

  • From: Elaine Lauerman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: MInutes from 1/15
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:17:03 -0500

January 15, attendees:
Jorj, Deke, Mark, Elaine

Next call: January 22

Notes from 1/15:
Use new PIC server
- change meeting announcements
- room name wg-pic to match working group name
- leave room open

Planning for SMM discussion
- we'll leave the server up and running but no planned use for the member meeting
- jabber server as always, is available
- advertise the conference rooms
- advertise room names in the SMM program
- no assistance
- no table to field questions

Use of IM server
- Elaine to find out whether or not Internet2 staff would use it or will the staff just
continue using Adium.

Cookbook
- Penn needs to clean up documentation before the cookbook can proceed. Penn
will review their documentation for us to use a base for cookbook.

Last fall we discussed development opportunities this needs more planning and
discussion.

Do we want to have weekly calls?
- may not have enough content to hold weekly calls
- discuss with Tim when he is able to return running the calls

- everyone should review our page, definitely needs updating

Second LIfe
- what is Internet2's interest?
- voice is now integrated with it
- Elaine to check with Internet2 staff

Thanks Deke for filling in for Tim.

--elaine

Elaine Lauerman, Program Manager, Internet2 Events and The Commons
734-913-4253 office - 734-604-8064 cell

  • MInutes from 1/15, Elaine Lauerman, 01/15/2009