wg-pic - Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday August 28st, 4pm EDT

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday August 28st, 4pm EDT

  • From: Elaine Lauerman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday August 28st, 4pm EDT
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:41:42 -0400

Jorj Bauer, Elaine Lauerman, Tim Callahan

Development
- nothing new this week
- servers need to be ready by the end of September because Jorj will be on vacation in October.
action: elaine to ping Dan for server status

Darian needs write permission to the wiki
action: elaine to make sure Darian has access/permission

Logistics
If we decide we want to have a survey again
* get feedback on demo
* review and update SMM survey
* what would they like to the group to improve upon, member meeting demo/on campus.
* more capabilities with the PIC demo at MM and on campus

The following are deadlines for the FMM:

- installation instructions 9/4
- pocket program 9/16
- signs 10/1
- initial program to printer 10/1

Review web content for installation instructions http://pic.internet2.edu/trials/200804-trial.html

- general plan is to repeat the SMM

- set up chat rooms for outside meetings eg. working group meetings
action: elaine to send session organizers email

- would like a table for a help desk (will be located in the food and beverage room)
action: elaine request table with meeting planners

Documentation status:
- no one on the call to report on it

Any questions regarding the minutes, contact Elaine Lauerman.

--elaine

All,
We will hold a PIC conference call today at 4pm EDT.
Topics will include technical prep for the fall MM demo, logistics for the fall MM, PIC.edu deployment / configuration on Internet2 servers, and cookbook updates.

Thanks
-Tim

** In addition to the audio call, there is a chatroom.
To join the jabber chatroom for PIC during the call, point your jabber client to

-----

Starting Time: 4:00 PM US/Eastern
Occurs: Every Thursday
Duration: 1 hour maximum

To join the call, do one of the following:
a. Dial 1-734-615-7474 , 1-800-392-6130 or 1-866-411-0013
   and enter access code 0125986
b. To have the system call you, click here:
   https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0125986

Our homepage is here:
http://pic.internet2.edu

and our wiki can be found here:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/picwg/Home

  • Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday August 28st, 4pm EDT, Elaine Lauerman, 08/28/2008