wg-pic - Fwd: [wg-pic] draft January 31 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Fwd: [wg-pic] draft January 31 PIC minutes

  • From: Elaine Lauerman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fwd: [wg-pic] draft January 31 PIC minutes
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:36:03 -0500

fyi...
I didn't receive any changes to Ben's minutes. We'll work off these today.

--elaine

From: "Ben Chinowsky"
<>
To:
<>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:56:42 -0800
<mailto:?subject=unsubscribe%20wg-pic>
Subject: [wg-pic] draft January 31 PIC minutes

Hi all,

Today is my last day with Internet2, so please contact Elaine Lauerman
()
with any corrections to these minutes.

I can be reached at

through February 15.
After that, mail sent to this address will forward to Elaine.

Cheers,
Ben C.

=====

*Action Items as of January 31*

[ACTION] (1/31) Deke will revise his proposal for future real-time
communications efforts in Internet2, and send it to Tim, Mark, Jorj, Randy,
Rodney and Ben.
[ACTION] (1/31) Deke will ask Dennis Baron about the future of SIP.edu.
[ACTION] (1/31) Mark will document how to automate account creation in Openfire.
[ACTION] (1/31) Rodney will send wg-pic information on setting up a Shibboleth
SP; Tim, Mark, and Jorj will review.
[ACTION] (1/24) Elaine will find out what the demo-planning deadlines are, e.g.,
when we need to have information ready for inclusion in printed materials or
posting on the web site.
[ACTION] (1/24) Elaine will let Internet2 Technical Support know that their help
will be needed to manage interactions with the Member Meeting network.
[ACTION] (1/24) Elaine will see if the Mac Minis are available for PIC to use at
the Member Meeting, and send out the specs if so.
[ACTION] (1/17) Rodney will continue working to document hardware requirements
for the demo and production versions of PIC.edu.
[ACTION] (1/17) Tim will launch an email discussion of what to call the PIC.edu
service, in context of how we want to present the demo.
[ACTION] (12/6) Tim will contact Dorothy Williams and Ed Humphrey about working
on PIC.edu server documentation.
[ACTION] (12/6) Tim will send wg-pic a proposal for which features the initial
PIC.edu client table should cover.
[ACTION] (11/1) Tim will put the draft PIC.edu project objectives on the wiki
and invite people to start contributing there.
[ACTION] (11/1) Tim will ask SIP.edu participants for their insights on how to
proceed with PIC.edu, and in particular how to handle user generation and
management.
[ACTION] (7/12) Mark will prepare a simple demo of anonymous and non-anonymous
versions of moderated and unmoderated Jabber chatrooms, for a PIC call in early
2008.

*Attendees*

Tim Callahan (chair) - Michigan
Rodney McDuff - Queensland
Randy Stout - Kansas Board of Regents
Deke Kassabian - Penn
Jorj Bauer - Penn
Mark Sirota - Penn
Ben Chinowsky (scribe) - Internet2

*Discussion*

After reviewing and updating the list of action items, the group discussed how
to handle account creation for the PIC.edu demo. [ACTION] Mark will document how
to automate account creation in Openfire. Rodney noted that if want to
Shibbolize account creation for PIC.edu, we need an InCommon member to include
PIC.edu in its Shibboleth Service Provider metadata. [ACTION] Rodney will send
wg-pic information on setting up a Shibboleth SP; Tim, Mark, and Jorj will
review.

Elaine Lauerman, Program Manager, Internet2 Events
Internet2

office: +1-734-913-4253 | mobile: +1-734-604-8064 | fax: +1-734-913-4255

Be part of the future!
2008 Internet2 Strategic Planning
http://www.internet2.edu/strategicplanning

  • Fwd: [wg-pic] draft January 31 PIC minutes, Elaine Lauerman, 02/07/2008