wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] draft March 22 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] draft March 22 PIC minutes

  • From: Mark Sirota <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] draft March 22 PIC minutes
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:29:03 -0400

--On 2007-03-28 5:16 PM -0800 Ben Chinowsky
*Action Items as of March 28*

(high priority)
[ACTION] (3/1) Mark will revise the features list, adding XMPP items to
the "Protocol Specific" section, and making the "User Features" and
"Security and Privacy" sections protocol-agnostic.

I apologize, I haven't touched this.

(medium priority)
[ACTION] (9/7) Mark will post his presence-agent code on the web.

The reason I haven't done this yet is that it's really not yet useful for anything. At this point it's just a command-line Jabber client that can send various forms of standard and extended presence. The plan is to make it Applescriptable, so that simple Applescript tools can grab related information from other desktop tools and send it to the Jabber server,
but it just hasn't gotten anywhere near the top of my priority list in a long time.

As it is, it should work on just about any platform, since it's written in Python. However, Applescript is obviously a Mac-only tool, and I was unable to find a parallel for Windows (I wonder whether Vista has anything...) And without Windows, the whole idea seemed a lot less valuable.

Mark

  • Re: [wg-pic] draft March 22 PIC minutes, Mark Sirota, 03/29/2007