wg-pic - draft January 25 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

draft January 25 PIC minutes

  • From: "Ben Chinowsky" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: draft January 25 PIC minutes
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:55:33 -0800

*Action Items as of January 31*

(high priority)
[ACTION] (1/18) Rodger, Deke, Dennis and (hopefully) Candace will meet with
Tyler Johnson and Jonathan Tyman at 1pm Eastern on February 1, to discuss
where they see PIC going and what staff support is likely to be available.
[ACTION] (1/4) Prashant will send out some links on how XMPP relates to
federations.
[ACTION] (12/14) Rodger and Prashant will further discuss how CampusEAI could
participate in PIC.
[ACTION] (9/7) Mark will post his presence-agent code on the web.
[ACTION] (8/24 - in progress) Mark will see if he can find interest in the
presence-agent project on the Psi developers' list.
[ACTION] (5/18) Mark will evaluate prospects for modifying the calendar-
integration code written by Ben T.'s 2005 SoC student, to drive XMPP presence.

(medium priority)
[ACTION] (8/31) Dennis will contact Skyhook for more information.
[ACTION] (8/3) Rodger will put a discussion of current vendor offerings in the
location-services space on the agenda for a future call.
[ACTION] (in progress) Rodger and Joe will write up some use cases
for enterprise federations.

*Attendees*

Rodger Will (chair) - Ford
Deke Kassabian - Penn
Mark Sirota - Penn
Neal McBurnett - Internet2
Ben Chinowsky (scribe) - Internet2

*Discussion*

The group answered some of Dennis's questions on Candace's PIC.edu draft:
Q: Should we do one "package" or have recipes that build on different
platforms?