wg-pic - X-Lite 3.0

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

X-Lite 3.0

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: X-Lite 3.0
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:33:43 -0400

Good news - CounterPath has announced X-Lite 3.0. This is a free softphone, based on eyeBeam 1.5, that offers automatic configuration, presence and instant messaging, and support for both audio and video. It is SIP/SIMPLE-based. Mac and Linux versions are planned for later this year.
It comes with audio, video, presence, im, 2 lines, conference button, record, hold, and proxy, privacy, and presence configuration (p2p or presence agent, custom presence status) are available.
Missing features include high-compression codecs, secure calls, "QoS support", "Outlook integration", 6 lines, and transfer.

I'm getting one error message when I run it, but otherwise it seems to work just fine. Video seems even better than eyeBeam 1.1.

Download, User Manuals, Support Forum:
http://www.counterpath.com/index.php?menu=download

Press Release:
http://www.xten.com/news/20060601.pdf