wg-pic - RE: [wg-pic] Microsoft chooses SIP/SIMPLE

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

RE: [wg-pic] Microsoft chooses SIP/SIMPLE

  • From: "Will, Rodger (R.)" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [wg-pic] Microsoft chooses SIP/SIMPLE
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:01:25 -0500
  • Hop-count: 1

Title: RE: [wg-pic] Microsoft chooses SIP/SIMPLE

In addition, MS has taken great steps to "balkanize" SIP/SIMPLE by requiring additional "Access Proxies" to communicate with other SIP/SIMPLE implementations.  The only permitted integraton opportunities requires .NET API level programming.

What MS is doing here is trying to com off as - Hey we are great folks...  We are open!  Look SIP/SIMPLE inside!

However, what they have really created is another Office Suite-centric Closed Enterprise IM Implementation.