wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Clients

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Clients

  • From: Steve Blair <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Clients
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:16:22 -0500

Dennis Baron wrote:

Has anybody been following pulver.Communicator evolution? At one
point there was an unlocked (from FWD) version - but it looks like the
latest (0.99.1) is back to being locked to FWD. It looks like
pulver.Communicator PRO is going to be unlocked - has anybody been
testing that? Just trying to catch up on where this is.

Also, has anybody been tracking SIP Communicator
<http://www.sip-communicator.org/> - looked promising.

Dennis:

I've installed and/or tested each piece of the NIST JAIN SIP package at one point or another. The fact that it is Java based has been problematic at times. Early on the build.xml "process" was very buggy and required many hours of editing to correct typos, fix paths, etc.

That being said I still keep an eye on NIST just in case something seems interesting. I have the presence and proxy package installed on a Linux system now but I haven't worked with it yet.

-Steve

Dennis

ps: Also stumbled on IM Federation <http://imfederation.com/> - looks
like a SIPphone push for Jabber.

Dennis Baron; Information Services & Technology
mailto:
Senior Strategist for Integrated Communications
sip:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Room 9-369 tel:+1-617-252-1232
77 Massachusetts Avenue; Cambridge, MA 02139-4307 fax:+1-617-253-8000

ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania
3401 Walnut Street, Suite 221A
Philadelphia, PA 19104

voice: 215-573-8396
215-746-8001

fax: 215-898-9348
sip:

  • Clients, Dennis Baron, 02/22/2006
    • Re: [wg-pic] Clients, Steve Blair, 02/22/2006