wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] WG Call Tomorrow 2 4pm Eastern

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] WG Call Tomorrow 2 4pm Eastern

  • From: Ben Teitelbaum <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] WG Call Tomorrow 2 4pm Eastern
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:11:53 -0400

Ben Chinowsky has reminded me that on the last PIC WG call we
discussed having an open discussion on "Federations".

Are federations about trust, identity, resource sharing, security, all
or none of the about? In preparation for the call tomorrow, please
come prepared with:

* a definition (or multiple) of what "federation" might mean in the
context of SIP;

* a definition (or multiple) of what "federation" might mean in the
context of presence;

* an argument as to why we (the PIC WG) should care (or not).

I don't yet have a volunteer PIC-SER campus site to report out for us.

-- ben

Ben Teitelbaum
<>

--