wg-pic - Trojan masquerades as Skype Update

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Trojan masquerades as Skype Update

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To: , , ACUTA-VoIP-Community-of-Interest <>
  • Subject: Trojan masquerades as Skype Update
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:15:33 -0400

Trojan masquerades as Skype Update:
http://news.com.com/Trojan+masquerades+as+Skype+update/2100-7349_3-5898272.html?tag=alert

The article mentions that it is not a widespread attack. But they are sent in emails with subject lines like: "Skype for Windows 1.4 - Have you got the new Skype?" I got this email this week, and before I trashed it I recall that it looked very Skype-like, with matching graphics.

Candace

  • Trojan masquerades as Skype Update, Candace Holman, 10/18/2005