wg-pic - PIC minutes and action items

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

PIC minutes and action items

  • From: "Ben Chinowsky" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: PIC minutes and action items
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:31:03 -0700

I haven't yet written up the discussions from the last PIC conference call and
the MM -- apologies. I've added an [ACTION] for myself to the list below.
-- Ben C.

*Action Items as of September 29*

(high priority)
[ACTION] Ben C. will summarize the group's consensus on what to do next, as
discussed on the September 15 call and at the September 20 WG meeting.
[ACTION] For the next few conference calls, the group will recruit PIC-SER
participants to summarize their experiences.
[ACTION] Based on PIC-SER experiences, the group will evaluate what functions
(e.g. group chat) should be added to the next version of the package.

(medium priority)
[ACTION] Rodger and Steve will try to schedule Colin Jennings as a guest
speaker
on one of the PIC conference calls.
[ACTION] Ben T. will put Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 on PALS, backing up the
SQL
database so we can re-create accounts later; then Jamey will update SER on
PALS
with the latest PIC-SER package.
[ACTION] Candace will add a Wiki document on strict vs. loose routing.

(low priority)
[ACTION] The group will revisit its call schedule.
[ACTION] Candace and Jamey will initiate an email discussion of their proposal
to modify the SER PA module so it can do presence via SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY, to
accommodate clients that don't do PUBLISH.
[ACTION] Jamey will enable eyeBeam to use presence info to decide
whether messages should go straight to voicemail.
[ACTION] Jamey will update the interface requirements document.
[ACTION] Jamey will continue working on the future of the skiffs, and solicit
opinions from PIC members as needed.
[ACTION] People will research skiff-like offerings from various companies:
- Dennis - Newbury
- Rodger - Airespace (now part of Cisco)
- Jeremy - Eckehau (via Walt Magnussen)
[ACTION] Candace will look into Tyler Johnson's H.350-enabled version of the
NIST client.
[ACTION] Ben T. will write a short document describing the motivation for the
paths-in-the-snow approach to PIC development.

  • PIC minutes and action items, Ben Chinowsky, 09/29/2005