wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] ser PA progress

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] ser PA progress

  • From: Bob Riddle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] ser PA progress
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:25:54 -0400

I've downloaded the Fedora Core release 4 CD's. Would this be an acceptable distribution for PALS?

Jamey Hicks wrote:

I finished getting xten's changes merged into my ser PA code yesterday -- at least I got it to build and run. I installed it on a local Mandrake 10.2 box. I am able to register Eyebeam against it in PA mode.

To install it on PALS, I had to tweak code that uses libcurl because the version on PALS is older than the version that xten developed against. I probably will have to upgrade libcurl because SER crashes on PALS and I have my doubts about my changes to the calls to libcurl.

Is there any chance we could upgrade pals (or the development pals) to something newer than RH7.2?

In case anyone wants to test it, here is the source RPM:

http://pals.internet2.edu/downloads/ser-0.10.99.dev7-picser2.src.rpm

Thanks,
Jamey

--
Bob Riddle
()

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very
narrow field." Niels Bohr