wg-pic - Thursday call - special agenda

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Thursday call - special agenda

  • From: Jeremy George <>
  • To: PIC working group <>
  • Subject: Thursday call - special agenda
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:29:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

This Thursday's call is going to be special. If you can join us,
please do.

Some recent developments have caused the core demo team to re-evaluate
the FMM trial. We've done three trials to date, each with its share of
success and near-success. This may be an opportune time to checkpoint our
activity. We need to report to the community at large in some fashion.

Somewhat independently, but not entirely, my sense is that the PIC
group needs to do a zero-based evaluation of its goals and activities.
Depending on the outcome of our discussion this Thursday on the FMM, I'd
like to focus our next few calls leading up to the meeting in a discussion
of options. Then, at the working group meeting in Austin, I think it
would be appropriate for a final discussion and some decision making.

The PIC charter is available at pic.internet2.edu/charter.html.
It might be helpful to have a sense of what we agreed to do in July, 2003.
There is also background going back to the summer of 2002. We can talk
about that, if people want. I don't know that we _must_ redo the charter
but I feel strongly that we shouldn't shy away from it. I also think its
important that we understand clearly our role and value to the members,
and engage appropriately.

There are many degrees of freedom in the paths open to us. I see
evaluation as A Good Thing. It's going to work best if as many
participants (old as well as current) as possible join in. I can
think I can certainly promise an interesting hour.

- Jeremy

--

Starting Time: 4:00 PM US/Eastern
Occurs: Every Thursday

To join the call, do one of the following:
a. Dial +1-734-531-0125 or +1-800-541-1710 and enter access code 0125986
b. To have the system call you, click here:
https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0125986

--

  • Thursday call - special agenda, Jeremy George, 08/31/2004