wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] From: anti-forgery

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] From: anti-forgery

  • From: Jiri Kuthan <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] From: anti-forgery
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:54:56 +0200

local SIP server can verify if From content is owned by user identified
by digest identity. Other servers may verify if requests come to them
from IPs of servers whose name is claimed in From. You can do it
today (the formed is available, the latter would take a tiny SER
extension).

In long term, we can do more -- interdomain TLS with credentials for
example. The reverse verification can be more sophisticated too.
On cost of call setup delay, a called phone could send a reverse query
meaning "are you really calling me"? ietf-sip-identify may be
another useful piece in the antispam puzzle. I don't think any of
these is hard to implement with SER -- the harded part is to convince
the operator community to agree on these techniques.

-jiri

--
Jiri Kuthan http://iptel.org/~jiri/

  • From: anti-forgery, Jeremy George, 06/22/2004
    • Message not available
      • Re: [wg-pic] From: anti-forgery, Jiri Kuthan, 06/22/2004