wg-pic - [WG-PIC:11] Re: not on call today

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[WG-PIC:11] Re: not on call today

  • From: Jeremy George <>
  • To: Deke Kassabian <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [WG-PIC:11] Re: not on call today
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:21:30 -0400 (EDT)

Deke,

Thanks for the update. Mostly we did about the same.

Xiaotao and IU are in touch, so the folks doing the code tweaking are
in touch. Excellent.

IU has RH8 on a machine. Jiri has recommended an SER version. Ben is
going to install it on the machine. After that we'll probably need an
audit to make sure all the pieces are right and the machine has everything
turned on (and off) that's wanted. I hope that by next week we have the
basis of a test system online. Damon, if you could send me account
information I'd appreciate it.

When the machine/proxy is live we'll begin looking at putting attendees
email addresses in the sql database and get it talking to SER.

IU's choice of Vivato has made it necessary to limit our use of the
wireless net for automated location service. It also precludes our
looking seriously at efforts like UCSD's ActiveCampus. On the plus side
the shape of things we *can* do is firming up.

Xiaotao reported that Henning will have a new RPIDs draft out (02) very
soon. I highly recommend it.

Don't know if you saw it, Xten promises a Mac OS X softphone by this
fall.

I forgot to ask Ben about Messenger; I assume progress.

- Jeremy