wg-multicast - DVMRP Ask Neighbors2: an IGMP-based DDoS/leak threat

Subject: All things related to multicast

DVMRP Ask Neighbors2: an IGMP-based DDoS/leak threat

  • From: John Kristoff <>
  • To:
  • Subject: DVMRP Ask Neighbors2: an IGMP-based DDoS/leak threat
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 12:33:36 +0000

Friends,

I presented this at the NANOG 62 security track yesterday:

<https://www.cymru.com/jtk/talks/nanog62-an2.pdf>

Here is some accompanying detail:

<https://www.cymru.com/jtk/blog/2014/10/06#an2>

I've seen the Juniper bulletin already, but not the Cisco one yet. If
people need help finding them I can dig them up, but I don't believe
they have any significantly more to say than what I have above.

John

  • DVMRP Ask Neighbors2: an IGMP-based DDoS/leak threat, John Kristoff, 10/07/2014