wg-multicast - Re: NOAA Okeanos streams

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: NOAA Okeanos streams

  • From: "Greg T. Grimes" <>
  • To: Ernie Gillis <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: NOAA Okeanos streams
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:22:47 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, your campus must have multicast enable to watch the multicast streams. You can view the unicast/commodity Internet feeds here:

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/media/exstream/exstream_04.html

I would complain to your IT department about the lack of multicast. If you're peered with I2 it's pretty simple to implement it.