wg-multicast - NU C-SPAN streams going away 7/31

Subject: All things related to multicast

NU C-SPAN streams going away 7/31

  • From: Julian Y Koh <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: NU C-SPAN streams going away 7/31
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:34:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Greetings all,

As per the subject line, NU will be terminating our multicast feeds of C-SPAN
content as of July 31, 2013. While we appreciate the value that our brethren
in the R&E community get from these streams, the cost for maintaining the
service given that we are discontinuing our on campus multicast distribution
was deemed to be too high. Hopefully enough alternatives exist to test
multicast connectivity between campuses at this point.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support over the lifetime of this
service (going back to 2000 at least!).

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>
PGP Public Key:<http://bt.ittns.northwestern.edu/julian/pgppubkey.html>

  • NU C-SPAN streams going away 7/31, Julian Y Koh, 07/06/2013