wg-multicast - Re: Experiences using Access grid for research and eduation

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Experiences using Access grid for research and eduation

  • From: John I Quebedeaux Jr <>
  • To: Harold Dios Tovar <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Experiences using Access grid for research and eduation
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:33:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Harold, I think we're one of ones utilizing the Access Grid in a large way in the United States (in Louisiana) due to the NIH Grant we have here (through early 2015) and this is largely due to great multicast support by our Louisiana Optical Network Initiative folks to each of our partner campuses. We average about 10 events (of all kinds) a week sometimes more sometimes less from two sites to ten sites depending on the event.

We can discuss directly if you'd like to know more.

Regards!

John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
Louisiana State University; Biological Sciences