wg-multicast - Re: New Multicast - mtvU

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: New Multicast - mtvU

  • From: Gary Parker <>
  • To: David Devereauxweber-Weber <>
  • Cc: WG-Multicast <>, Adam Koscielski <>
  • Subject: Re: New Multicast - mtvU
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 18:23:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

On 5 Jun 2012, at 17:28, David Devereauxweber-Weber wrote:

> We're sending mtvU out as a globally-scoped multicast.
> udp://@233.0.59.1:1234
> This is with permission and encouragement of MTV.
>
> Please let me know if you can receive it and what quality you experience.

Looking good in the EMMAN region of JANET over here in the UK. Can't comment
too authoritatively on quality, though, as I'm not actually at work and am
watching via VNC connection to my desktop machine from home (where I'm not
blessed with multicast connectivity) but there's no obvious degradation other
than a stutter every now and again.

---
| Unified Communications Service Manager |
n Loughborough University IT Services |
| http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/~ccgjp/pubkey.txt |