wg-multicast - VLC problems and bad SAP behavior

Subject: All things related to multicast

VLC problems and bad SAP behavior

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To:
  • Subject: VLC problems and bad SAP behavior
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:17:17 -0500

If anyone is noticing that their VLC SAP playlist is behaving oddly, it may be
a result of some misbehavior coming out of a machine in Italy, at the
Universita di Napoli Federico II, 143.225.94.61. It's echoing other hosts'
announcements, and apparently mangling them; most seem to have incorrect UDP
checksums. Once I blocked that traffic at the edge of NYSERNet my VLC settled
right down. I've written to the contacts for the IP block, haven't heard back
yet. . .

Bill.

  • VLC problems and bad SAP behavior, Bill Owens, 11/13/2009