wg-multicast - IPv6 PIM BSR Hash

Subject: All things related to multicast

IPv6 PIM BSR Hash

  • From: Bharat Joshi <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Cc: "" <>, David McWalter <>
  • Subject: IPv6 PIM BSR Hash
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 10:23:20 +0530
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi All,

We are working on standardizing Group-to-RP mapping algorithm for
PIM-SM. We have proposed to remove 'Hashing' from this algorithm.

We wanted to know if anyone is using PIM BSR Hash with IPv6 deployment.
If yes, We would like to know the purpose and requirements for using it. It
would be great if you can drop me a mail even if you are not using it.

You can find the draft at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-joshi-pim-group-rp-mapping-01

Regards,
Bharat
for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
the
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.

  • IPv6 PIM BSR Hash, Bharat Joshi, 05/30/2009