wg-multicast - Re: [AG-TECH] DVTS demo Fri 3:30 Eastern Time

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [AG-TECH] DVTS demo Fri 3:30 Eastern Time

  • From: "Gurcharan S. Khanna" <>
  • To: William Alberto Romero Ramirez <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] DVTS demo Fri 3:30 Eastern Time
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:23:47 -0400

William,

I am dubious about being able to avoid echo just by mic/spkr placement, but i guess
i should try it myself first.

But my real question is how to use the multiplexed audio in the DV stream with
multiple DVTS sessions. If i have ten DVTS streams going to ten different multicast
addresses, i can start up ten instances of dvts to render them. but i'm unsure what happens
to the audio. how to aggregrate that into a common audio conversation?

one reason i am asking is because i notice that when using to do audio with DVTS, often
the video is behind the audio and the lack of lip sync is noticeable. i assume this is due
to how the operating processes audio and video separately. if so, what can be done? can
i introduce an artificial delay into the rat audio to bring it closer inline? how?

thanks for any thoughts,

-gurcharan

PS also, has anyone scripted starting up multiple DVTS instances pointing at hardwired
multicast addresses? (outside of using the AG). -gsk

William Alberto Romero Ramirez wrote:
Gurcharan,

I use a sound mixer and unidirectional-cardioid mics (Shure SM58, Sennheiser
e901) in a specialiced computer for audio through the AG Node Service.

You can send the camera's audio to the mixer in order to forward audio to an
AG session. An unidirectional-cardioid mic rejects sounds from the rear part,
so you can avoid the feedback (the cause of echo) if you set the mic behind
the speakers.

If you need any additional information, please feel free to contact me with
any questions you may have.

Regards,
William A. Romero R.

AG-MOX system manager