wg-multicast - Fwd: THON 2009 Multicast Test

Subject: All things related to multicast

Fwd: THON 2009 Multicast Test

  • From: Mark Henderson Linton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fwd: THON 2009 Multicast Test
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:33:53 -0500

Hello,

I'm forwarding the message below regarding multicast streaming of the annual Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon (http://thon.org/) to end childhood cancer which is taking place this weekend.

I'd appreciate knowing if anyone on I2 could test the links mentioned below and let me know whether they work. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Mark Linton

www.personal.psu.edu/mhl100
814-865-4698

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 18, 2009 8:19:43 AM EST
Subject: THON 2009 Multicast Test

Good Morning,

Penn State Public Broadcasting each year provides streaming services for  THON. This year we hope to provide additional service in the way of multicast delivery. We have two test streams running at the moment. The first is a 1Mbit Quicktime stream. The second is a 6Mbit Windows Media stream. If you have a multicast enabled network please test the links. Our initial test showed that some multicast locations receive the streams ok, and some do not. Let us know your experience.

These links will be available today until 4PM and tomorrow 8AM - 1:30PM.

Quicktime link - works in any browser and OS with Quicktime.
http://podcasts.wpsu.org/Multicast.sdp

IE  embedded link - Windows and IE browser
http://128.118.217.133/thon2009multicast.htm

Windows Media Player ulr link - link to put into player. Also works as a link Chrome.
http://128.118.217.133/thon2009multicast.asx

Thanks.
Duane Champion
Penn State Public Broadcasting