wg-multicast - Multicast group count spike

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast group count spike

  • From: "Taylor, Scott J." <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Multicast group count spike
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:25:43 -0500

We are seeing a noticeable multicast group count increase this morning.  It looks like the group 224.9.9.9 accounts for most of the increase.

Are other people seeing this group and these sources or are you dropping these at your edge?  From what I found it looks like this group is likely something to do with SQUID proxy configuration and not legitimate traffic that users on our network would be interested in.

Scott J. Taylor

Network Technician

Connecticut Education Network

University of Connecticut