wg-multicast - BoF Wednesday 12-1:15

Subject: All things related to multicast

BoF Wednesday 12-1:15

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: BoF Wednesday 12-1:15
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:15:25 -0500

Reminder that the Multicast WG BoF is 12:00-1:15 in Napoleon A3 on the 3rd floor. If you have any specific topics to discuss, please let me know so I can put together an agenda. Items I would like to hear about are:
- progress with high bandwidth multicast over WiFi
- status of any new apps that use multicast
- methods of session advertisement that don't require SAP (also known as "ASM must die")
- what's (still) preventing widespread SSM adoption?

Also note there's an IPTV BoF Tuesday noon, an Intercast talk Wed 4:30 & I'm sure I've missed something.

Hope to see you.
/a