wg-multicast - The Philadelphia Orchestra - limited opportunity in May

Subject: All things related to multicast

The Philadelphia Orchestra - limited opportunity in May

  • From: "Landry, Greg" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: The Philadelphia Orchestra - limited opportunity in May
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:43:36 -0400

Hi All:

It was nice meeting many of you at the Internet2 Conference last week in Arlington, VA.  Many of you have participated in The Philadelphia Orchestra’s Global Concert Series and we appreciate your involvement in testing and/or subscribing.

We have announced our dates for 2008-09 season (http://www.philorch.org/styles/poa02e/www/internet2_6_0809.html) and this season is winding down with limited opportunities to enroll or test.

Saturday, May 3 at 8:00 pm (Eastern) – Mahler  Symphony No. 8 (“Symphony of a Thousand”) which will look and sound great with hundreds of musicians and vocalists on stage.

Friday, May 16 at 2:00 pm (Eastern) – Schubert  Symphony in B minor (“Unfinished”) and Symphony in C major (“Great)

If you intend to take advantage of next season’s events I suggest you test promptly in case you need to make network or equipment upgrades.  From our end, multicasts have been transmitting from Verizon Hall cleanly and an overwhelming majority of recipients have received them cleanly due in large measure to our IT support, available 24/7 multicast testing loop and stability of the Amino platform.

For more information on how to participate please contact me.

Regards,

Greg Landry

Greg Landry
Business Development Manager
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
260 S. Broad Street, 16th floor
Philadelphia, PA  19102
p  215.893.1994
f  215.875.7649

www.philorch.org/internet2

  • The Philadelphia Orchestra - limited opportunity in May, Landry, Greg, 04/29/2008