wg-multicast - PIM-SM implementation question

Subject: All things related to multicast

PIM-SM implementation question

  • From: "Arut Selvan" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: PIM-SM implementation question
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:48:33 -0500

Hi All,

I have heard that hash tables are used to store S,G route entries in most PIM-SM implementation.
I would like to know if both S,G is used for calculating the hash or just one of them.
Also what would be the typical hash table size in a medium size network.

I would like to know additional information from docs/ open source to understand the software multicast route
table implementation. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Arut

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?

  • PIM-SM implementation question, Arut Selvan, 04/07/2008