wg-multicast - Re: OSTN Multicast Reception

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: OSTN Multicast Reception

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: OSTN Multicast Reception
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:59:38 -0400

Do you get MSDP announcing their groups ?

Do you have MBGP routes to their sources ?

Do you get any packets at all ?

Regards
Marshall

On Jun 25, 2007, at 5:56 PM,

wrote:

Several months ago Arizona State University signed an agreement with OSTN Cable Television to re-distribute it's multicast feed over our campus CATV system.
Since that time we have tried unsuccessfully to receive their I2 multicast.

Our campus is an I2 member and equipped to receive I2 multicast streams. We’ve proven this to ourselves by successfully receiving any active MC stream with a SAP announcement listed in VLC viewers.

However, using the URL provided by OSTN and an actual MC IP address recently provided by them has only resulted in acquiring their roll- over,unicast stream. This unicast stream coupled with WMP is too unreliable for retransmission.

Has anyone had any problems connecting to OSTN’s MC stream?
Were you able to remedy the situation? How did you do it?
Any idea about what we may be doing wrong at our end.

Chief Engineer
Arizona State University
480-965-5715