wg-multicast - Re: example of proper use of igmp v3 SSM setsockopt on Linux 2.6kernel?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: example of proper use of igmp v3 SSM setsockopt on Linux 2.6kernel?

  • From: Stig Venaas <>
  • To: Ruud Toonders <>
  • Cc: , 'Alan Crosswell' <>
  • Subject: Re: example of proper use of igmp v3 SSM setsockopt on Linux 2.6kernel?
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 09:05:02 +0200

Ruud Toonders wrote:
Hi all,
First of all, thanks for the helpfull discussions which we all can have here
at this forum. It really helps, anyhow I am getting more and more a
multicast freak. I have downloaded Alan's SSMified verion (which was setup together with Stig
Venaas) from your website at: http://www.columbia.edu/~alan/igmp/rtpqual.c.
However i am working on compiling this version on Cygwin, which works for he
ASM part of the code. As soon as i call the openSSM function in the
succesfull compiled program, the program exits with error:
"recvfrom: Bad file descriptor"
Any clue what i am doing wrong or where to look?

OK, so you're compiling this to run on Windows? The setsockopt() for SSM
join on Windows is different from Linux. If you look at the code for
ssmping at http://www.venaas.no/multicast/ssmping/
you can look at joinch.c for how to do SSM join on XP/Vista,

Stig

regards,

Ruud Toonders

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.2/785 - Release Date: 2-5-2007
14:16

  • Re: example of proper use of igmp v3 SSM setsockopt on Linux 2.6kernel?, Stig Venaas, 05/03/2007