wg-multicast - Measuring the health and capabilities of your Intradomain Multica

Subject: All things related to multicast

Measuring the health and capabilities of your Intradomain Multica

  • From: "Carey, Michael" <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: Measuring the health and capabilities of your Intradomain Multica
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:55:45 -0400

We are currently using the NLANR/DAST Beacon to monitor our intra-domain multicast environment, but are looking for a more robust system to measure and monitor the health and capabilities of our Intra-domain Multicast Network.  I started to play with the Mhealth system, but ran into a problem and was told by the developer that it is no longer supported, so he directed me to this list serve.  I also just came across the ssmping and asmping utility and I like what I've seen here for comparing unicast vs. multicast rrt and router hops.

So as a general question to users out there, what are you using to monitor your multicast environment?

Mike Carey

Information Technology Services
The Pennsylvania State University
, 814-863-7712

  • Measuring the health and capabilities of your Intradomain Multica, Carey, Michael, 04/16/2007