wg-multicast - Re: UCTV International

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: UCTV International

  • From: "George Bray" <>
  • To: "Dan Oachs" <>,
  • Subject: Re: UCTV International
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:30:59 +1000

Hi Dan, not your fault.

Hi All,

Just a note to say I'm bringing back many of the TV services we had
before, and some new ones.

I'm using a new revision of the streaming software, and it's not quite
perfect yet when dealing with a high number of concurrent streams. So
sometimes you'll see a SAP announcement but there won't be a stream
there.

It needs to be debugged in a live situation, so unfortunately you're
all guinea pigs, at least for these channels.

(rx4.canberra.edu.au)
RAI International
TVE Internacional
RTP Internacional Asia
RTR Palenta
Cubavision
BBC World

cheers,

George

On 3/28/07, Dan Oachs
I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble tuning in to some of
the UCTV International ( http://uctv.canberra.edu.au/ ) channels?
Recently I noticed that a few more stations have come back. I can see
the SAP announcements at least. However I can't seem to get any video
for some of them. Such as BBC World (233.70.142.175) and TVE
Internacional (233.70.142.192 ) . Though other channels like MTV
Pakistan (233.70.142.180) work great.

If they all work for others, then I assume we have an issue with our
multicast setup. But if they don't work for a lot of people, then it
probably is not our routing that is the problem.

Thanks,
Dan Oachs
Gustavus Adolphus College

--
George Bray - University of Canberra, Australia